A Resolution with God
Sermon Title: A Resolution with God
Sermon Text: Isaiah 6: 1-9
Sermon Date: January 1, 2017
Here are some funny New Year Resolutions
- “Now there are more overweight people in America than average-weight people. So overweight people are now average. Which means you’ve met your New Year’s resolution.” -Jay Leno
- I will not bore my boss with the same excuse for taking leaves. I will think of some more excuses.
I will give up chocolates totally
- When I hear a funny joke, I will not reply.
I will learn what the “resolution” means
My New Year’s Resolution is to join a gym for two weeks in January and then quit. Now shut up and hand me another slice of cake.
Accomplish the goals of 2016 which I should have done in 2015 because I promised them in 2014 and planned in 2013
2017 Marks a New Year but nothing is really new.
We still struggle with sin and need rescuing grace.
Our Lord is still sovereign,
His promises are still true, and His divine mercies
Are New Every Morning
The way to have a resolution with God every morning is to have the right concept of the Creator, of His Creation, of the your Confession, of your Conversion and your call.
- Right understanding of the Creator- 1-4
- He is Sovereign
- He is Holy, Holy, Holy
- Right understanding of the Creation 5-
- He is a sinner
- He is in need of a savior
- Right understanding of the Confession
Comprehends his standing before God
- Woe is me- woe is a passionate cry of grief and despair.
- I am lost
- I am a man of unclean lips
- I dwell in the midst of a people with unclean lips
- Right understanding of the Conversion 6-7
- Repentance is painful
- Atonement is complete
- Right understanding of the Call – 8-9
Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God. William Carey
- I would challenge the church to be more proactive in personal witnessing.
- People talk about the things they know about and people know about the things they love.
- I would like to place in the budget money for a part time minister of youth and music.
- I would like to pray about getting involved in Haiti.
- I would like to budget money for three new computers.